Thursday, January 20, 2011

Always Surprised by Strangers

This story is a bit of a two part-er.

Scene One: The Bar.
Since yesterday was fairly uneventful during the day, I decided to go out at night (there was a big group being led by three French students who were hired by the program as "Social Assistants").  We went to a place called The Austrialian.  A fun place (especially because it was disco night).  Lots of dancing.  It was generally just a good time.

Scene Two: The Email.
Well, I come home today after a great day of hanging out with my friend Lauren (a wonderful lunch, a little shopping, amazing hot chocolate, etc) and I have an email from mom.  She had gotten an email from someone named Patrick who said that he had found my flash drive.  I check, and low-and-behold, it's missing.  I'm so surprised that he is offering to return it.  Anyone else would erase everything on it and use it themselves.  (With permission from my host family) I gave him my address so he can mail it or drop it in the box.

Ok, so maybe it's not that dramatic, but I'm still very surprised.

1 comment:

  1. Julia --
    Your photos are tres magnifique!! Just beautiful...Pont du Gard, Nimes, and Montpellier. I'm especially fond of the lovely pictures of the red bike...
    What a wonderful adventure! And you look so happy in the midst of it. Enjoy it all!! :)
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete