Tuesday, January 18, 2011

All Roads Lead to La Place de la Comedie

Today started with some info on registration... I hate doing this sort of thing in English, let alone in French.  And the French registration system is a mess.  There really is no one central catalog except for the one that the UMN program has thoughtfully made for us.  I'll post my schedule once it's final.

Then we went off for lunch.  We found this small little place with one euro sandwiches and 80 cent pain au chocolat (chocolate croissants).  Very good, but I still need to find my favorite Cafe.

At two, we had a historical tour of the city.  I'm not really sure all of the things we saw, because 1. it was in French and 2. I was busy taking pictures.  This city is so pretty and we were shown kind of the little hidden treasures.  Like quiet corners with moss and cracked paint... so lovely. 






As for the title of the post, I'm finding that I do a fairly good job orienting myself and La Place de la Comedie is kind of the big main square.  But, look mom!  No maps!  (not always true...)

Stay tuned for... It's 10:00, do you know where you're children are?  Yep... in Montpellier!

ps. a lot of the friends I'm making are from Minnesota or Wisconsin so I keep joking about the irony that I'll come back from France with a Wisconsin accent.

1 comment:

  1. Je voudrais un pain au chocolate, aussi!! MAINTENANT!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete