Sunday, April 24, 2011

Pâques!

Happy Easter everyone!  Did you know that in France, they have the Easter Bells (les cloches) instead of bunny?  It's clearly more logical -- the bells go to the Vatican to get eggs for all the children.  Duh.

(at this point, I would like to reference my favorite comedian, Jim Gaffigan... click on his name for his Easter jokes.  I also recommend his routines on Jesus, Bacon, and Hot Pockets).

But I've had a really great Easter with my host family.  We ate after an AMAZING meal: lamb, soy beans, beet salad, regular salad, and french fries.   After that, we ate the lava cakes that my host mom and I made in the morning... Well they weren't quite lava-y enough, but still very delicious.  Check out Recettes for the recipe and more photos!
But being with everyone was really great!  They're all really nice and a lot of fun.


From left to right: Ben (23), Pascal (the boys' dad), Max (21), Clement (20), and Marie (my host mom).

Marie even got me a chocolate bunny!!


Stay tuned for... Spring Break with a special surprise guest!!  I'll be back in Montpellier on May 8th so check back soon after for new posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment